1. Information Collection – Private Island is the sole owner of the information collected on the PI sites. This applies to information collected in several different contexts.
a. Contributors – In order to become a Private Island contributor, the user must supply us with some personal information, including first and last name, affiliated company (if applicable) and a valid email address. Some or all posts by contributors may require parts of this information to be displayed alongside the contributor’s content. Demographic information on our contributors will only be shared in aggregate. Private Island will not sell contributors’ personal information and will only divulge it if legally compelled.
c. Mailing Lists & Service Emails – Private Island may launch a mailing list for some or all of its services in order to keep readers updated on goings-on with the blog. Users have the option of taking part in this service, and to do so must submit information including a valid email address. Private Island will not pass this information along to any third-party organization. Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular emails from Private Island. Private Island reserves the right to track user email usage as a means of improving user services. Though the majority of this content will be from Private Island, on occasion we may include content from third-party affiliates and advertisers. These will always be clearly marked as such, and will in no way be passed off as Private Island content.
f. Log Files – Private Island uses log files to track the IP address, browser type, ISP, platform type, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp and number of clicks. This information allows us to track broad demographic trends that help us continually tailor our content to suit our users. Demographic information is only analyzed in the aggregate, and none of the aforementioned data contains personal identifiers. We may use a tracking utility that employs log files to analyze user movement.
2. Business Transitions – In the unlikely event Private Island Entertainment goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets to another company, users’ personal information may be part of the assets transferred.
3. Legal Disclaimer – Though Private Island is committed to protecting the privacy of its users, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, if we have a good-faith belief that such action is merited in order to comply with a current judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on any of the PI sites.
4. Information Security – Private Island has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help prevent the unauthorized access to and disclosure of the user information that we possess. Access to users’ personal information within Private Island is limited only to those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal. Although we are committed to guarding the security of our users’ and contributors’ personal information, no program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every attempt at unauthorized access to personal information.
7. Permissions – Requests to use copyrighted and trademarked content may be sent via email to email@example.com and may be subject to a fee. In your email, please provide the following information:
-Your Phone Number
-Your Fax Number
-Description of Requested Content
-Description of Intended Use
8. Effective Date – This Privacy & Permissions Policy is effective March 14th, 2013.